Dr.K.NIRMALA VISVESWARA RAO
M.P.A(Dance),M.Phil, Ph..D.(Fine Arts)
W/o K.Visweswara Rao
Plot No.26, Phase-I,
Prashanth Nagar Colony,
Nizampet Road, Kukatpally,
HYDERABAD – 500 072.
Passport No. : J 2821258
Educational Qualifications :B.A.(Andhra University)
Certificate Course in Dance (Telugu University)
MPA in Dance (Central University)
M.Phil from PS Telugu University, Hyderabad.
Ph.D.(FA) from PS Telugu University,
Started learning Kuchipudi at the age of 6 and performed on many stages locally and won awards.
Awards won as a child hood performer : Gold Medal town wide
(13 Years) Memento from Local Degree College
Emerged as a professional from 1994
Platforms of performance :
In 400 years historic city of Hyderabad. A.P
• Ravindra Bharathi
• Tyagaraya Ganasabha
• Hari Hara Kala Bhavanam
• Lalitha Kalathoranam
• Shilpakalavedika, Lal Babhadur Stadium
• Sundaraiah Vignana Kendram
• Indira Priya Darshini Auditorium
• City Central Library and all other prestigious platforms in Hyderabad.
In the capital city of India – Delhi : Third World Telugu Federation
(Siri Fort Auditorium)
In the State of Intellects West Bengal : Siliguri Utsav – Siliguri
Other Places : Maharastra, Tamilnadu, Orissa (Konark Festival)
Vijayawada, Guntur, Visakhapatnam, Tirupati,
Kadapa, Nellore, Bhadrachalam, Gadwal, Pune,
Abroad Performances : Poland, Turkey, Balgeria, Austria, Sri lanka,
Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius,
Doha Qatar, Muscat, Dubai, Bahrain, U.S.A.
• Mohini Bhasmasura : Credential as Mohini
• Shakuntala Parinayam : Credential as Shakuntala
• Ananda Thandavam : Credential as Parvathi
• Gajananeeyam : Credential as Lakshmi
• Sasirekha Parinayam : Credential as Narthaki
• Sri Rama Katha Saram : Credential as Narthaki
• Khsamaya Dharithri : Credential as Khsamaya Dharitri
• Sree Rama Dasu Charitra : Credential as Sita
• Dasavataram : In-Corination of Lord Vishnu
• Nava Durga Mahotsavam : Credential as Durga
• Sree Krishna Vilasam : Credential as Radha
• Ruthu Shobha : Credential as Prakruthi Matha (Goddess of
• “Bharateeya Nrithya Jhari” : All India Classical Dances (or) Dances of India.
• Lakuma Swantan : Credential as Rani.
The Genesis of Awards:
• Nrutya Kaumudi from Manoranajani – State Wide Organisation on 23rd June, 2003.
• Best Youth Classical Dancer Award from Abhinaya Nrutya Bharathi – Eluru on 6th December, 2003.
• “Natya Siromani” award from Aaradhana – A State wide organization on 5th February, 2004.
• Participated in 10th Youth Festival in Hyderabad on 25.02.2005
• “NATYA KALA VIDWAMANI” from All India Telugu Association – Doha, Qatar on 9th May, 2008.
• “Best Dancer” award from 6th Global International shopping Festival on 6th June, 2008.
• Natya Mayuri Award by Kalanjali Samstha, Chilakaloori peta, Guntur in April, 2008.
• “Best Dancer” award from Telugu Association – Muscat.
• “Golden” Award from Telugu Association in Malaysia for Golden Jubilee Celebration.
• Samskara Bharathi – All India Level Organisation (Akhila Bharatha Nruthya Utsavam).
• Received memento for excellent performance in Ugadi Celebrations from DR.C.Rangarajan,, Hon’ble Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
• Received Cine Goers Award from DR.Akkineni Nageswara Rao, (Dada Saheb Phalke Award Winner).
• Ugadi Puraskar award from various cultural organizations such as Abhinandana of Hyderabad.
• “Kala Saraswathi Award” by Srikalula Rangasthala Kalakaarula Samaakhya, Srikakulam in March, 2010.
• Indira Priyadarshini National Award in November, 2010 by Health Care International.
• Shankar Puraskar by Chittoori Kalapeetam, Hyderabad in 2010.
Spheres of activity and varied tastes Solo Presentations
• Shabdas a) Devotional, b)Traditional praising
• Padam / Padalu / Padavarnam
• Kirthanas – written by Annamacharya and Tyagaraju
• Siva Sthuthi and Sivastama
• Jathi Swaram / Thillanas
• Vaggeyakara festival in Bhadrachalam on 2002 & 2005.
• Performed in Kinnera Arts Theatre Andhra Pradesh “Natyasavalu” from 10th November to 7th December, 2005.
• Performed in Singapore Telugu Culture Festival in 2006.
• Participated in Space Women’s Association (SWAS) celebrated International Women’s Day on March 8th 2007 at Brahmprakash Hall, SHAR CENTRE as Chief Guest of the Function.
• Participated in Andhra Day Celebration in Mauritius on 25th October to 1st November, 2007.
• Participated in Andhra Association Cultural Programme in Pune on 23rd August, 2008.
• Performed on Ganesh Festival in “SHAR CENTRE (ISRO)” on 4th September, 2008.
• Given many performances in Administration Staff College of India (ASCI), Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
• Group Performance on Devivaibhavam in Bhakthi Channel, on the Occasion of Durga Festival.
• Performance of Invocation Welcome song (Jayam Jayam Jayam Lalithakalavani) at Silicon Andhra –II, Hitech City, Hyderabad on 24.12.10.
• Performance of Mahisasuramarthini Nrutya Roopakam at Naadaneerajanam Programme, Tirumala, TTD on 06.02.2011.
• Performance of Kuchipudi Natyam at Nadaneerajanam Programme, Tirumala, TTD on 13.03.11.
• Participated in Kuchipudi Solo Performance in TANA Celebrations in Santhaclaura / Losangels, California in U.S.A on 1st, 2nd, 3rd&9th of July-2011.
• Performed Kuchipudi Nruthyam at Mahati Auditorium, TTD, Tirupati on 06.10.2011 during Sri Vari Saalakatla Bramhotsavams-2011.
• Performed dance programme at Appikatla, Guntur on January-15th in connection with Sankranthi Festival and awarded Naatyamayuri award by Shankar Foundation.
• Performed a dance programme at Novatel Hotel, Vizag sponsored by ACC Cements on January, 17th 2012.
• Dance Performance at Hariharakala Bhavan, Hyderabad onFebruary 10th 2012 sponsored by Indian Air Lines.
• Performed Sivanandalahari Dance Programme at Bhakti Channel on 19.02.2012
• Dance performance at Srikalahasti on 26.02.12 in connection with Mahasivaratri Bramhotsavams-2011, Srikalahasteeswara swamy Devasthanam, Srikalahasti.